Paralegals & Trainees
“The culture is not as one might expect from a solicitors’ practice. It is warm, friendly, nicely balanced between work and play, professional and an excellent example of an Investor in People” (Investors in People assessor feedback)
This quote sums up our working environment wonderfully and we actively seek to recruit individuals who will thrive in, and enhance, our unique culture. We are highly client centric and we work hard, but we work as a team, and keeping our Mission and Values firmly in mind we believe this provides an excellent environment in which committed and motivated people can excel.
As part of our continuous growth and development, we are looking for Paralegals to join our Commercial Property and Private Client teams.
The roles involve supporting our Lawyers with administrative tasks, case management duties and general team responsibilities which include:
- Assisting Lawyers with the day-to-day running of their caseload;
- Dealing with administrative routines as required to include computer printouts and photocopying;
- Attending clients both in person and on the telephone;
- Providing support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s Mission and Values;
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information; and
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Customer care to the highest standard;
- A 'can do' attitude;
- Team player – supportive and flexible;
- Outstanding Organisational skills;
- Appreciation of legal procedures; and
- The LPC Course completed.
A Paralegal could for the right candidate result in a training contract with the firm.
Initial employment as a Paralegal can be used as part of your Period of Recognised Training with the SRA if you successfully obtain a training contract with us.
Trainees normally have four seats, and spend six months in each. For each seat, you will be trained in one of our 9 specialist legal teams, which include Corporate and Commercial, Commercial Property, Residential Property, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury, Crime, Mental Heath, Family and Private Client.
Trainees will be supervised by our training principal and will also have a supervisor within each seat, often one of our highly regarded partners, who are regularly featured within The Legal 500 and Chambers directories. They take a practical, positive approach to nurturing new talent.
Our training contracts commence in April and October of each year.
If you would like to be part of a firm that regards its Paralegals and Trainees as a vital resource and a key part of our current and future success, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your CV with a covering letter either to email@example.com or to:
HR & Admin Manager,
Hunt & Coombs LLP,
35 Thorpe Road,
All applications are reviewed and a shortlist will be drawn up. You will then be informed as to whether you have been shortlisted.