Business structures, partnerships, LLPs, limited partnerships
Businesses can take a wide variety of shapes and forms, including:
- Limited companies;
- Limited liability partnerships;
- Traditional partnership models; and
- Limited partnerships.
We can help and advise as to what the different business structures are and which should be the best form your company should take.
Examples of where we have helped companies change their business structure include:
- The dissolution of a business partnership operating a local high street business;
- Retirements and appointments of partners and dealing with lender and mortgagee requirements;
- Advising on LLP agreements and transfers of interests in LLPs;
- Advice on transactions and structures involving the use of English and offshore limited partnerships;
- Advising a local non-profit organisation on updating its corporate constitution;
- Advising a major local and regional retailer on corporate governance issues and providing company secretarial support;
- Acting for local and national charities on governance issues; and
- Acting for a local charity on the transfer of its assets to a charitable incorporated organisation.
If you require further advice from the Corporate Commercial Team as to the best form that your business should take, please contact:
Ed Taylor, Senior Associate