Shared Ownership provides a way of buying a percentage of your home (if you cannot afford the full amount) and then paying rent on the remainder until such a time that you can buy a larger percentage of your home.
Key points for Shared Ownership
- Percentage of Shared Ownership must be from 25% to 75% of the properties value;
- The household must be earning less than £80,000 outside London or £90,000 in London;
- To qualify you must be a first time buyer, not able to buy a property or are already in the Shared Ownership scheme;
- New or existing properties can be bought through Housing Associations;
- A mortgage or savings will be required to pay your percentage of the Shared Ownership; and
- All shared ownership properties are leasehold.
Request a quote
For further help and advice on the Help to Buy Shared Ownership scheme or to request a quote please contact your local Conveyancing Team on:
- Peterborough 01733 882800
- Huntingdon 01480 411224
- Oundle 01832 273506
- St Neots 01480 702207
Or email the Residential Conveyancing Team directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.