Andy Cave LLB
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Health & Safety
- Motor Offences
Andy is a Partner and experienced high level Advocate who specialises in complex Crime, High Value Fraud and Mental Health.
He has carried out business defence and prosecution work for a wide range of companies and organisations as well as representing individuals in a wide variety of criminal and mental health matters. Andy holds Higher Rights of Audience in both Criminal and Civil Courts and is an accredited member of the Law Society's Mental Health scheme.
Andy was educated locally at Jack Hunt School. He then went on to gain his LLB in Nottingham and complete his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, De Montfort University. He was admitted to the roll of solicitors in 2002.
In 2017, Andy continued to be a Leading Individual and has again been recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of his expertise:
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- "Clients highlight Hunt & Coombs LLP’s ‘realistic advice and tenacity’." Legal 500 2016.
- "The ‘intelligent, hardworking, pleasant and charming’ Andrew Cave leads the fraud team and is 'extremely good with clients but tough when he needs to be'". Legal 500 2017
- "Andrew Cave is singled out for his ‘strength and dedication to clients’." Legal 500 2016
- "a caring attitude rarely seen at other firms". Legal 500 2017
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
- "Experienced criminal lawyers Simon Milburn and Andrew Cave are the key figures at Hunt & Coombs LLP." Legal 500 2016
- "...have extensive experience in complex health and safety matters for corporates and individuals". Legal 500 2017
Andy can advise on:
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence. Andy has extensive experience of working in the Crown and Magistrates courts and recently gained the Higher Rights of Audience which allows him to represent clients in the Crown Court.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licences even where you have reached the maximum number of points. Andrew has represented a number of our business clients in this area and is skilled in the often complex legal arguments which can be used to defend your case.
- Cash Seizure - acting for individuals and businesses in the event that they are faced with cash seizure.
- Murder, manslaughter and other related grave offences
Here is Andy talking about what ‘Openness & Transparency’, a core value at Hunt & Coombs, means for both him and you.Back