- Commercial Contracts
- Company Law
Ed qualified as a solicitor in 2005 having trained at a firm in London. Ed joined Hunt & Coombs Solicitors in January 2017 and is an experienced corporate lawyer, having for many years advised on a range of corporate transactions and commercial agreements.
These regularly include:
- Share and asset sales and purchases;
- Shareholders’ agreements;
- Joint ventures;
- Investment agreements;
- Advice on group restructuring;
- General commercial agreements;
- Secured lending work; and
- General private company law advice.
Ed has advised on transactions including:
- The sale and purchase of prestige residential properties held in corporate structures with values from £3 million up to £90 million;
- The acquisition of a supermarket site in London, via the purchase of shares, valued at £64million;
- Advising the sellers of a courier business to a major competitor; and
- Advising the existing shareholders of a restaurant business on a £2.5million private equity growth capital funding.
Over the years, Ed has acted for clients in various sectors from pharmacies, retail lighting, executive search and selection in the restaurant sector. He has advised owners and operators of hotels and serviced apartments, high net worth individuals, UK family offices and private UK and non-UK investors active in the real estate market in the UK.
Ed has had substantial experience dealing with client matters with a non-UK element to them, including often complex offshore corporate structures comprising companies, limited partnerships and trusts.
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
In 2017, Ed became a recommeded lawyer in the Legal 500 for his area of expertise: