Naina Tilney LLB
Partner and Head of Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
Naina is a Partner and Head of the Personal Injury/Commercial Litigation Department. Naina gained her Law Degree at the University of East Anglia and she attended the College of Law in Chester.
Since qualifying in 1989, Naina has worked exclusively in Civil Litigation with a strong bias in Personal Injury.
Naina developed the only Defendant insurer litigation practice in Peterborough, successfully defending Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Negligence claims for a number of insurers.
Naina also has extensive experience in dealing with high value, complex head injury/multiple injury cases for Claimants, achieving settlement through skillful negotiations or at trial.
In 2017, Naina continued to be a Leading Individual and is recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of her expertise:
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- "impresses with its friendliness and efficiency’. Naina Tilney, who ‘provides very clear instructions and responds quickly," Legal 500 2016
- "The ‘experienced, shrewd and robust’ Naina Tilney," Legal 500 2017
- "lead PI partner Naina Tilney settled a £500,000 claim for £13,000 plus solicitors’ costs for a corporate client and persuaded a leading insurer to cover a large part of the client’s outlay." Legal 500 2016
- "receives numerous referrals from commercial clients and is ‘a very robust advocate for her clients’ interests’." Legal 500 2017
Chambers UK 2018
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.
Naina is described as being a 'notable practitioner' and has received a Band 1 recommendation for her Personal Injury Claimant work in Peterborough and surrounds from Chambers UK 2018.
- "Naina is lauded by sources for her personal injury expertise and high quality client service." Chambers UK 2018
Personal Injury is her primary focus and specifically Naina can advise you on:
Personal Injury - Claimant
- High Value/complex multiple injury cases arising from:
- Accidents at work
- Road Traffic Accidents
Personal Injury – Defendant Insurers/Self Insured Organisations
- Working within insurers service level agreements
- Defending Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Negligence claims.