Peter Izod BA
Partner and Head of Oundle Office & Residential Conveyancing
- Company Law
- Residential Conveyancing
Peter is a Partner of the firm and has primary responsibility for the Hunt & Coombs office in Oundle, which he has successfully run since 1986. Educated at Stamford School before continuing his studies at Liverpool Polytechnic and Chester College of Law, Peter qualified in 1983.
With over twenty years' extensive experience in commercial and residential property, Peter is a specialist in freehold and leasehold transactions. He also advises in matters concerning probate, trusts, wills and care of the elderly. Peter draws on legal expertise outside of his own specialist area from our Peterborough office as required.
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
In 2016, Peter, was again recommended by the Legal 500 in the following area of his expertise:
Specifically, Peter can advise you on:
- Complex Residential and Commercial Property freehold and leasehold matters.
- The process of transferring the equity in your property to someone else and the legal impact of such on your estate.
- Preparing a Will - helping you to draw up a Will and consider the tax implications of how you leave your property.
- Pre and post death tax planning - helping you to reduce the amount of tax you pay in your lifetime and on death by the use of appropriate financial planning and trusts.
- Drawing up a Lasting Power of Attorney - preparing for the future by drawing up an LPA to ensure that your property and your welfare are managed as you wish if you become incapable of doing so yourself.
- Administering an estate when someone has died – dealing with all aspects including obtaining the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration and dealing with the Revenue.