Investment, Funding and Trading Advice
Our lawyers advise trustees about the process of investment and meeting the requirements of the Trustee Act 2000 and other relevant legislation. We are not authorised to give specific investment advice but can refer you to an Independent Financial Adviser if this advice is needed.
We can also give useful advice on the following areas:
- Management of conflicts of interest;
- Structuring investment in trading subsidiaries;
- Legacy queries and disputes - ensuring that your charity gets the legacies to which it is entitled;
- Setting up a trading subsidiary - when this is necessary or advisable; and
- Preparing licensing or sponsorship agreements with commercial companies. For example, a licensing agreement will be needed if your charity agrees to let its name be used in return for a share of the profits say from the sale of Christmas cards.
Please contact us if you need advice on investment, funding or trading.