Guide to selling a property
What we will do for you:
- We will confirm your formal instructions to sell your property;
- We will draft the contract package for the buyer’s lawyer and obtain the legal title to your property. This will be sent to your buyer’s lawyer along with other information concerning the purchase;
- We will answer any questions that your buyer’s solicitor has with your assistance;
- We will obtain redemption figures from your mortgage lender (if applicable) together with a note from the estate agent of the amount due to them (if applicable);
- We will help you liaise with the buyer and estate agent to agree a completion date;
- We will exchange contracts for you, complete the sale in a timely and prompt manner;
- We will deal with all deposits and completion funds between you and the buyer;
- We will pay to your mortgage lender and the estate agent the amount due on the day of completion; and
- We will pay to you the sale proceeds on the day of completion (provided that the buyer’s solicitor sends to us the amount due in a timely manner). We will also take our fees out of the proceeds so you do not have to pay any separate invoices to us.
What we will need you to do:
- Provide us with your completed formal instructions, identification and a percentage of fees on account;
- Provide us with the completed property information forms and any original title deeds/documents you may have at home;
- Tell us about any fittings & contents to be sold separately so they can be included in the Contract;
- Promptly return to us any documents which we ask you to sign;
- Help us answer any questions that the buyer’s solicitor may have;
- Book your removals and make arrangements from exchange of contracts;
- Inform utility companies(gas, electric, water, phone), the Local Authority, Post Office etc… of change of address and take meter readings; and
- Drop off the keys to the Estate Agent on the day of completion by 2pm.
Request a quote
For further help and advice on the above or to request a quote please contact your local Residential Conveyancing Team on:
- Peterborough 01733 882800
- Huntingdon 01480 411224
- Oundle 01832 273506
- St Neots 01480 702207
- Cambridge 01223 463183
Or email the Residential Conveyancing Team directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice on protecting yourself against online fraud
Online fraud is on the increase specifically in property transactions. To help keep yourself safe from this threat please view our advice on protecting yourself.