Fees for the Application of a premises license
Factors that affect the complexity of an application may include whether there is a cumulative impact policy in place, the type and size of the premises, or whether it is in a residential area, for example high complexity may include large scale public events.
£1,000 - £1,200 + VAT + Disbursements (based on an hourly rate of £250.00)
£2,000 - £4,000 + VAT + Disbursements (based on an hourly rate of £250.00)
£4,000 - £8,000 + VAT + Disbursements (based on an hourly rate of £250.00)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties such as the application fee. We will pay disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. They include the following costs:
- Application fee* payable to the licensing authority;
- Advertising costs*;
- Enquiry agent fees* to display public notices;
- Special delivery fee to serve the application; and
- Printing additional copies of plans if necessary.
*The costs vary depending on the premises and where it is located, therefore we will be able to give you an accurate figure of the cost of these items when we have seen the detail of the matter.
What is included in the price
The prices include the following:
- Taking of instructions and advising as to how you can promote the licensing objectives within your application;
- Advising on the type of plans required to accompany the application;
- Completing the application form for a new premises licence including the operating schedule in accordance with your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans;
- Providing guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority;
- Preparing copies of the premises licence application for disclosure to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities;
- Drafting the notices advertising the premises licence application and submitting the notice to the local newspaper;
- Arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application and advising as to where and how this should be done by you in order to comply with the requirements of the licensing act 2003;
- Providing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by yourself;
- Disclosing the application to the responsible authorities; and
- Checking the licence once granted and correcting any errors with the licencing authority.
What is not included in the price
The fee does not include:
- Obtaining suitable plans;
- Attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licencing Authority or Responsible Authorities, nor their fee for this meeting;
- Dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties;
- Advising on varying the licence; and
- Attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority/ If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licencing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
How long will my application take
Matters usually take between 6 - 12 weeks from receipt of full instructions from you.
This is on the basis that the application is fairly straightforward and you provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example there is substantial opposition from interested parties or there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.
The team’s experience:
The team has a wealth of experience in all areas of Licensing Applications and delivers a high quality legal service. There are 2 permanent members of the team assisted by support staff. Work is supervised by Simon Milburn who is a Partner & Team Leader and he is supported by Andy Cave who is a Partner. For further information on the service and experience that our Licensing Applications team provide please contact us on the details below.
For further information on the costs for applying for a premises licence please contact our licensing team on 01733 882800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.