Legal fees for motoring offences
This is the starting point where we check that you are being prosecuted fairly. There is strict guidance on the way that authorities detect and prosecute defendants. This stage includes:
- Meeting with the solicitor to provide instructions on what happened; and
- Consideration of initial disclosure and all evidence and advice in relation to the plea and likely sentence.
- Assistance in preparation of documents and further preparation of defence evidence / mitigation; and
- Explanation of the court procedure so that you know what to expect on the day of the hearing and sentencing options available to the court.
- Further preparatory work, obtain further instructions if necessary and answer any follow up queries; and then
- Representation at court for a guilty plea to include exceptional hardship.
- Full preparation and representation at trial / special reasons hearing.
|Stage 1||Minimum of 1 hour charged at £280.00 + VAT (potentially up to 3 hours)|
|Stage 1-2||£280.00 - £600.00 + VAT|
|Stage 1-3||£600.00 - £1,400.00 + VAT|
£1,400.00 - £4,000.00 + VAT
Costs not included in the fees:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses;
- Taking statements from any witnesses;
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing; and
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal.
The costs listed above are expected but there are factors that could affect the cost of a case and in some cases increase it. They are:
- Location of the court which would impact on the travel time charged;
- Complexity of the case;
- Length of proceedings; and
- Disbursements which are payments such as expert fees; mileage and parking; and payments to third parties.
How long will the matter take?
Matters can take up to 6 months depending on when the instruction is taken and how straightforward the case is.
The team’s experience:
The team has a wealth of experience in all areas of motoring offences and delivers a high quality legal service. There are 2 permanent members of the team assisted by support staff. Work is supervised by Andy Cave who is a Partner & Team Leader and he is supported by Kashif Khan. For further information on the service and experience that our Motoring Offences team provide please visit our Motoring Offences pages.