Andy Cave LLB
Partner & Team Leader for Mental Health
T: 01733 882830
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Health & Safety
- Motor Offences
Andy is a Partner and experienced high level Advocate who specialises in complex Crime, High Value Fraud and Mental Health.
He has carried out business defence and prosecution work for a wide range of companies and organisations as well as representing individuals in a wide variety of criminal and mental health matters. Andy holds Higher Rights of Audience in both Criminal and Civil Courts and is an accredited member of the Law Society's Mental Health scheme.
Andy also advises clients on Licensing Applications and helped the first premises in Peterborough to be allowed to serve/ consume alcohol outdoors within the city centre. Andy deals with between 5 to 10 licensing issues per year.
Andy was educated locally at Jack Hunt School. He then went on to gain his LLB in Nottingham and complete his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, De Montfort University. He was admitted to the roll of solicitors in 2002.
In 2019, Andy continued to be a Leading Individual and has again been recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of his expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- "One of the finest practices based outside London. Down through the years their client care never ceases to impress. They are high calibre lawyers with a thorough and intelligent approach." Legal 500 2020
- "Hunt & Coombs is one of the leading firms in the Peterborough/Cambridge area and deservedly so. The team is incredibly dedicated, hardworking and creates a positive bridge between lay clients and counsel through their sound judgment and pragmatic approach to cases." Legal 500 2020
- “Hunt & Coombs LLP has 'a strong criminal practice and is an outstanding firm, well respected by clients and Judges alike'.” Legal 500 2019
- "The ‘intelligent, hardworking, pleasant and charming’ Andrew Cave leads the fraud team and is 'extremely good with clients but tough when he needs to be'." Legal 500 2017
- "Andrew Cave is a natural leader with an ability to put clients at ease very quickly." Legal 500 2020
- "The team is incredibly dedicated, hardworking and creates a positive bridge between lay clients and counsel through their sound judgment and pragmatic approach to cases." Legal 500 2020
- “intelligent, able, have excellent judgement and are extremely committed to their clients.” Legal 500 2019
- "a caring attitude rarely seen at other firms". Legal 500 2017
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
- "The health and safety practice at Hunt & Coombs LLP in Peterborough has two highly knowledgeable and long-serving crime partners in Simon Milburn and Andrew Cave." Legal 500 2020
- “Cave has a strong reputation in motoring and vehicle licensing law and frequently handles DVSA (VOSA) prosecutions.” Legal 500 2019
- "...have extensive experience in complex health and safety matters for corporates and individuals". Legal 500 2017
Andy can advise on:
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence. Andy has extensive experience of working in the Crown and Magistrates courts and recently gained the Higher Rights of Audience which allows him to represent clients in the Crown Court.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licences even where you have reached the maximum number of points. Andrew has represented a number of our business clients in this area and is skilled in the often complex legal arguments which can be used to defend your case.
- Cash Seizure - acting for individuals and businesses in the event that they are faced with cash seizure.
- Murder, manslaughter and other related grave offences