Anna Spriggs LLB
Senior Partner, Head of Commercial and Commercial Property Team
T: 01733 882805
- Agricultural Property & Estates
- Charity and not for profit
- Commercial and Development Property
- Services for Ecclesiastical Sector
- Services for Education Sector
Anna has extensive experience in commercial and rural property having helped businesses ranging from multimillion pound commercial enterprises to small ecclesiastical property funds. Anna qualified as a solicitor in 1988 and has become the trusted and longstanding legal advisor to many clients.
Specifically, Anna can advise on:
Property development work including site acquisition and assembly and disposal. This work ranges from initial acquisition through sale contracts, options, joint ventures, infrastructure and planning agreements to ultimate disposal, pre-lets, forward sales and overage.
Agricultural property and Estates including the acquisition and disposal of farms, farm business tenancies and other lettings. Particular importance is placed on ensuring disposals not only maximise the current value of the transaction but also protect the long term interests of the remaining estate and holding.
Landlord and tenant work including the preparation of business tenancies (including renewals, terminations and related issues) and advice relating to all aspects of management of commercial tenancies.
Ecclesiastical and education work ranging from complex and obscure matters of land law such as reverter rights to the acquisition and disposal of ecclesiastical properties (including parsonages, glebe, trust properties and churches and churchyards) and school land and buildings.
From 2014, Anna has held the appointment of Peterborough Diocesan Registrar and Bishop’s Legal Secretary.
In 2020, Anna was recognised as a leading individual in the Legal 500 for her Real Estate work, her work for Charities and Not for Profit organisations and Agriculture and Estates as well as being recommended in her other areas of expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
Real Estate - Commercial Property
- "Lead partner Anna Spriggs in Peterborough stands out for property development work, landlord and tenant matters and, in particular, ecclesiastical work such as reverter rights to the acquisition and disposal of parsonages, glebe, trust properties, churches and churchyards." Legal 500 2021
Private Client - Charities and Not for Profit
- "Our experience of the practice has been good. We have been very satisfied with the service we have received from the partner dealing with our affairs, who is skilled and responsive." Legal 500 2021
Private Client - Agriculture and Estates
- "In Peterborough, lead partner Anna Spriggs is an agricultural and ecclesiastical property expert..." Legal 500 2021
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
Corporate & Commercial - Peterborough
- "...a loyal following among local SMEs, though it also acts for multimillion-pound commercial enterprises and ecclesiastical property funds." Legal 500 2021
Chambers UK 2020
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.
- "Anna Spriggs is experienced in property development, including site acquisitions and disposals, with further strength in freehold and leasehold matters. She acts for clients in the charity, education, ecclesiastical and agricultural sectors." Chambers UK 2020