Anna Spriggs LLB
Senior Partner, Head of Commercial and Commercial Property Team
T: 01733 882805
- Agricultural Property & Estates
- Charity and not for profit
- Commercial and Development Property
- Services for Ecclesiastical Sector
- Services for Education Sector
Anna has extensive experience in commercial and rural property having helped businesses ranging from multimillion pound commercial enterprises to small ecclesiastical property funds. Anna qualified as a solicitor in 1988 and has become the trusted and longstanding legal advisor to many clients.
Specifically, Anna can advise on:
Property development work including site acquisition and assembly and disposal. This work ranges from initial acquisition through sale contracts, options, joint ventures, infrastructure and planning agreements to ultimate disposal, pre-lets, forward sales and overage.
Agricultural property and Estates including the acquisition and disposal of farms, farm business tenancies and other lettings. Particular importance is placed on ensuring disposals not only maximise the current value of the transaction but also protect the long term interests of the remaining estate and holding.
Landlord and tenant work including the preparation of business tenancies (including renewals, terminations and related issues) and advice relating to all aspects of management of commercial tenancies.
Ecclesiastical and education work ranging from complex and obscure matters of land law such as reverter rights to the acquisition and disposal of ecclesiastical properties (including parsonages, glebe, trust properties and churches and churchyards) and school land and buildings.
From 2014, Anna has held the appointment of Peterborough Diocesan Registrar and Bishop’s Legal Secretary.
In 2019, Anna was recognised as a leading individual in the Legal 500 for her Real Estate work, her work for Charities and Not for Profit organisations and Agriculture and Estates as well as being recommended in her other areas of expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- The practice is a local firm that knows the area exceptionally well and supports the development of Peterborough. Its staff have always worked exceptionally well and have provided robust advice and guidance.' Legal 500 2020
- "Practice head Anna Spriggs deals with the sale and acquisition of church, charity and development land, as well as leasehold and freehold commercial sales and purchases." legal 500 2020
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP handles high-value real estate work for businesses, charities and other organisations, as well as individuals." Legal 500 2020
- "The firm is the regional leader for advice to ecclesiastical charities throughout Northamptonshire, Rutland and the Peterborough Diocese, and it acts for numerous churches." Legal 500 2017
- "Highly experienced property partner Anna Spriggs leads the team and has been involved in numerous sales and purchases relating to ecclesiastical and agricultural properties." Legal 500 2017
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
"Hunt & Coombs LLP is well known in the local area for business asset sales and purchases, shares sales and purchases, commercial agreements, joint ventures and general advice on company law. Lead partner Anna Spriggs counts local companies, charities and ecclesiastical institutions among her clients, for whom she also handles commercial property transactions." Legal 500 2020
Chambers UK 2018
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.
Anna is described as being a 'notable practitioner' and has received a Band 2 recommendation for her Real Estate work in East Anglia from Chambers UK 2018.
- "She is commercially aware and very responsive" Chambers UK 2018