Denis White LLB
Denis was educated at Xaverian College in Manchester and gained his LLB from Sheffield before attending the College of Law in Guildford, qualifying in 1976. Denis was formerly Chairman of Peterborough & District Round Table and was also Chairman of a local primary school Board of Governors.
Denis is a member of the Collaborative Family Law Group, the Law Society Children's Panel and the Charity Law Association. He currently sits on the Legal Services Commission Appeals Committee. He is a Chairman of the Diocese of East Anglia Child Protection Commission and Vice-Chairman of Drinksense.
Denis is a key member of our Family Team and one of Peterborough's leading Family lawyers and has worked with children and families in the Peterborough area for over 30 years. Denis is accredited by Resolution in dealing with complex financial arrangements following the breakdown of relationships in cases involving people with medium or high incomes, valuable assets, tax implications and sometimes foreign and company or partnership issues.
In 2017, Denis continued to be a Leading Individual and again has been recommended by the Legal 500 for his expertise in Family work:
Legal 500 Leading Individual
"Denis White (who has ‘impeccable judgement and a wisdom judges respect’), Edward Owen and team head Farhana Butt ‘all have excellent in-depth knowledge of their areas of law’." Legal 500 2017
"‘An approachable, busy firm with bucketloads of experience’, Hunt & Coombs LLP ‘has an excellent reputation, especially in the areas of child protection and high-value matrimonial matters’." Legal 500 2017
Chambers UK 2018
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.
Denis is described as being a 'notable practitioner' and has received a Band 1 recommendation for his Family & Matrimonial work in Peterborough and surrounds from Chambers UK 2018.
- "noted for his expert handling of matrimonial cases involving high net worth individuals." Chambers UK 2018
Specifically, Denis can advise on:
- Divorce and Separation - advising you if you are facing the breakdown of your marriage or Civil Partnership and representing you in Court.
- Preparing for Marriage or Cohabitation - advising you on any steps you can take to protect your assets and prepare for the future before getting married or moving in with someone.
- Acting for Parents - providing advice on arrangements for residence and access to children after family breakdown.
- Acting for Children - providing advice to court-appointed Guardians on Child Protection laws on how to protect a child's interests.