Denis White LLB
T: 01733 865329
Denis was educated at Xaverian College in Manchester and gained his LLB from Sheffield before attending the College of Law in Guildford, qualifying in 1976. Denis was formerly Chairman of Peterborough & District Round Table and was also Chairman of a local primary school Board of Governors.
Denis is a member of the Collaborative Family Law Group, the Law Society Children's Panel and the Charity Law Association. He currently sits on the Legal Services Commission Appeals Committee. He is a Chairman of the Diocese of East Anglia Child Protection Commission and Vice-Chairman of Drinksense.
Denis is a key member of our Family Team and one of Peterborough's leading Family lawyers and has worked with children and families in the Peterborough area for over 30 years. Denis is accredited by Resolution in dealing with complex financial arrangements following the breakdown of relationships in cases involving people with medium or high incomes, valuable assets, tax implications and sometimes foreign and company or partnership issues.
In 2019, Denis continued to be a Leading Individual and again has been recommended by the Legal 500 for his expertise in Family work.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- "Denis White and Edward Owen are often the first choice "go-to" people if there is an urgent family case at court and a party needs a lawyer urgently. Both are very experienced and ideal for this type of case because of their calm and measured approach." Legal 500 2020
- "Practice head Farhana Butt and vastly experienced consultants Denis White and Edward Owen are strong advocates who handle complex and high-value cases." Legal 500 2020
- “Denis White has ‘immense knowledge and experience; he is particularly good at supporting those who are new to the role of Children’s Guardian‘.” Legal 500 2019.
- “Very experienced, insightful and wise.” Legal 500 2019
- "‘An approachable, busy firm with bucketloads of experience’, Hunt & Coombs LLP ‘has an excellent reputation, especially in the areas of child protection and high-value matrimonial matters’." Legal 500 2017.
Chambers UK 2018
Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.
Denis is described as being a 'notable practitioner' and has received a Band 1 recommendation for his Family & Matrimonial work in Peterborough and surrounds from Chambers UK 2018.
- "noted for his expert handling of matrimonial cases involving high net worth individuals." Chambers UK 2018
Specifically, Denis can advise on:
- Divorce and Separation - advising you if you are facing the breakdown of your marriage or Civil Partnership and representing you in Court.
- Preparing for Marriage or Cohabitation - advising you on any steps you can take to protect your assets and prepare for the future before getting married or moving in with someone.
- Acting for Parents - providing advice on arrangements for residence and access to children after family breakdown.
- Acting for Children - providing advice to court-appointed Guardians on Child Protection laws on how to protect a child's interests.