Edward Owen BA
T: 01733 882814
- Services for Charities
- Services for Education Sector
Edward gained a BA at Anglia University and attended the College of Law in Chester, qualifying in 1981. Edward is a member of the Family Court Business Committee. He is the only solicitor in the Peterborough area to have gained accreditation by Resolution, the leading UK body for Family Law, in dealing with the complexities of pensions in divorce settlements.
Edward is a leading Family Law solicitor who helps clients with separation, divorce, pre-nuptial contracts, cohabitation agreements and children's residence/custody arrangements. He is also a member of the Peterborough Collaborative Family Law Group who can utilise their skills in client representation, negotiation and problem-solving to help their clients shape a fair agreement without going to Court.
In 2020, Edward, continued to be a Leading Individual and has been recommended by the Legal 500 in his area of expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
Private Client - Family
- "Partner Edward Owen is the city's only solicitor to have Resolution accreditation for dealing with pensions in divorce settlements." Legal 500 2021
- "Denis White and Edward Owen are often the first choice "go-to" people if there is an urgent family case at court and a party needs a lawyer urgently. Both are very experienced and ideal for this type of case because of their calm and measured approach." Legal 500 2020
- “Edward Owen is ‘a determined, realistic and able advocate in care proceedings; he is committed to getting as good an outcome as possible and does so with undaunted good grace'.” Legal 500 2019
Specifically, Edward can advise on:
- Divorce and Separation - advising you if you are facing the breakdown of your Marriage or Civil Partnership and representing you in Court if needed.
- Preparing for Marriage, Civil Partnership or Cohabitation - advising you on any steps you can take to protect your assets and prepare for the future before getting married or moving in with someone.
- Arrangements for Children - providing advice on arrangements for residence and contact to children after family breakdown.