Edward Owen BA


Service Area(s):

  • Family
  • Services for Charities
  • Services for Education Sector


  • Peterborough

Edward gained a BA at Anglia University and attended the College of Law in Chester, qualifying in 1981. Edward is a member of the Family Court Business Committee. He is the only solicitor in the Peterborough area to have gained accreditation by Resolution, the leading UK body for Family Law, in dealing with the complexities of pensions in divorce settlements.

Edward is a leading Family Law solicitor who helps clients with separation, divorce, pre-nuptial contracts, cohabitation agreements and children's residence/custody arrangements. He is also a member of the Peterborough Collaborative Family Law Group who can utilise their skills in client representation, negotiation and problem-solving to help their clients shape a fair agreement without going to Court.

Legal 500 Leading individual 2017 Legal 500 Recommended Individual 2017

In 2017, Edward, became a Leading Individual and has been recommended by the Legal 500 in his area of expertise:

Legal 500 Leading Individual

Private Client - Family

  • "Hunt & Coombs LLP isan excellent firm, one of the best in Peterborough’. Team head Farhana Butt is noted for herobjective advice; she knows when to twist and when to stick’. Denis White (who isat the top of the game for care work’) and Edward Owen are known forsound advice and a sympathetic approachto public law matters." Legal 500 2016
  • "Edward Owen and team head Farhana Butt ‘all have excellent in-depth knowledge of their areas of law’. They are all collaboratively trained and do the majority of their own advocacy." Legal 500 2017

Chambers UK 2018

Chambers guides are the culmination of thousands of in-depth interviews by a large research team and are trusted globally to objectively rank the world's lawyers and law firms.

Edward is described as being a 'notable practitioner' and has received a Band 2 recommendation for his Family & Matrimonial work in Peterborough and surrounds from Chambers UK 2018.

  • "has a broad practice encompassing the representation of parents in care proceedings and advice on financial remedy cases, as well as prenuptial and cohabitation agreements". Chambers UK 2018

Specifically, Edward can advise on:

  • Divorce and Separation - advising you if you are facing the breakdown of your Marriage or Civil Partnership and representing you in Court if needed.
  • Preparing for Marriage, Civil Partnership or Cohabitation - advising you on any steps you can take to protect your assets and prepare for the future before getting married or moving in with someone.
  • Arrangements for Children - providing advice on arrangements for residence and contact to children after family breakdown.