Elizabeth Thompson BA
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Mental Health
- Motor Offences
Elizabeth is a Senior Solicitor who joined the Crime, Defence & Mental Health team in 2007. Elizabeth completed her BA (Hons) in Law & Politics at The University of Manchester in 2002 and then attended Nottingham Law School to study the Bar Vocational Course. She qualified as a Barrister in 2003 and worked as an employed Barrister for Her Majesty's Courts Service based at Magistrates’ Courts in both London and Cambridgeshire. In 2006 she cross qualified as a Solicitor and became a Criminal Duty Solicitor for both Courts and the Police Station in 2007. In recent years Elizabeth has qualified as a Law Society Accredited Mental Health Panel Solicitor and she is a member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association.
Elizabeth is highly experienced Advocate who specialises in Crime and Mental Health matters and she has dealt with a number of high profile Crown Court cases.
Specifically Elizabeth can advise on:
- Criminal - Elizabeth has extensive experience of working in the Crown and Magistrates’ courts. She has particular experience in dealing with young people who come into contact with the Criminal Justice System or people with mental health issues, which need to be put forward in their defence.
- Mental Health Issues - Elizabeth is a key member of our Mental Health Team and regularly represents patients, both in and out of hospital, to ensure their access to justice under the Mental Health Act.
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licences even where you have reached the maximum number of points. Elizabeth is skilled in the often complex legal arguments which can be used to defend your case.
- Cash Seizure - Acting for individuals and businesses in the event that they are faced with cash seizure.
In addition, Elizabeth can assist you if you need representation in relation to many Civil applications such as an Anti-Social Behaviour orders, Closure orders or Football Banning orders.