Simon Milburn LLB
Partner, Head of Crime and Assistant Coroner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Agriculture and rural services
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Health & Safety
- Motor Offences
Simon completed his LLB and Law Society finals at Northumbria University and qualified as a solicitor in 1991.
Simon is a highly experienced Criminal Advocate whose experience includes both prosecuting and defending environmental, health and safety, trading standards matters and he has been advising clients for 20 years on applications for licensing premises.
In 2018, Simon continued to be a Leading Individual and is recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of his expertise:
Legal 500 Leading Individual
- “'sound judgment and a manner with clients that is reassuring but nonetheless realistic'.” Legal 500 2018
- “'it falls into the top 5% of criminal firms who instruct me in terms of the high standard of care they provide and the quality of their case preparation'.” Legal 500 2019
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP is ‘a busy firm with a large amount of good-quality work; cases are all well prepared and well managed from start to finish’." Legal 500 2017
- "Clients highlight Hunt & Coombs LLP’s ‘realistic advice and tenacity’." Legal 500 2016
- “Simon Milburn is ‘very thorough, but also very realistic so that clients get proper and credible advice and can decide accordingly‘.” Legal 500 2019
- “‘the team provides excellent support and good advice, the lawyers have always been friendly, approachable and shown a genuinely caring approach to complex mental health issues‘.” Legal 500 2019
- "Clients are ‘extremely impressed with the knowledge and level of support’ from Hunt & Coombs LLP" Legal 500 2017
- "‘reassuring but realistic’ Simon Milburn, shows ‘keen attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond for the client'." Legal 500 2017
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP is ‘a very good regional firm’. Team head Simon Milburn is ‘hugely experienced and dedicated to getting the best deal for clients’," Legal 500 2016
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
- “Milburn prosecutes and defends HSE matters, proceeds of crime cases, environmental and trading standards matters.” Legal 500 2018
- "Milburn and the firm’s other specialists in criminal law Andrew Cave and senior solicitor Jason Stevens all have extensive experience in complex health and safety matters for corporates and individuals." Legal 500 2017
- "Experienced criminal lawyers Simon Milburn and Andrew Cave are the key figures at Hunt & Coombs LLP."Legal 500 2016
"At Hunt & Coombs LLP, head of crime Simon Milburn, partner Andrew Cave and senior associate Richard Boucher are all well versed in licensing law." Legal 500 2016
Specifically, Simon can advise on:
- Licensing - helping you to apply for alcohol and gaming licenses and representing you if any problems arise.
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence.
- Statutory Prosecutions - carrying out prosecutions on behalf of agencies with statutory enforcement responsibilities.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licenses even where you have reached the maximum number of points.
- Prison Law - Simon is experienced in representing prisoners at parole hearings, lifer reviews or adjudications.