Simon Milburn LLB
Partner, Head of Crime and Assistant Coroner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
T: 01733 882892
- Agriculture and rural services
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Health & Safety
- Motor Offences
Simon completed his LLB and Law Society finals at Northumbria University and qualified as a solicitor in 1991.
Simon is a highly experienced Criminal Advocate whose experience includes both prosecuting and defending environmental, health and safety, trading standards matters and he has been advising clients for 20 years on applications for licensing premises.
In 2020, Simon continued to be a Leading Individual and is recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of his expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
Crime - Fraud
- "Simon Milburn prosecutes and defends health and safety matters, proceeds of crime recovery, environmental and trading standards matters." Legal 500 2021
- "They are highly respected in the field and their reputation is richly deserved. Their work ethic is consistent regardless the case." Legal 500 2020
- “'it falls into the top 5% of criminal firms who instruct me in terms of the high standard of care they provide and the quality of their case preparation'.” Legal 500 2019
Crime - General
- "‘They are all approachable and very professional. They make you feel comfortable and take a keen interest in what you have to say. The services I get are unique and personalised.‘" Legal 500 2021
- "Simon Milburn has outstanding judgment and provides excellent advice." Legal 500 2020
- "'one of the leading firms in the Peterborough/Cambridge area and deservedly so'." Legal 500 2020
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
Health & Safety
- "...work includes appeals against health and safety prohibition and improvement notices, assisting with investigations and prosecutions for breaches of regulations, and advising on health and safety compliance." Legal 500 2021
"At Hunt & Coombs LLP, head of crime Simon Milburn, partner Andrew Cave and senior associate Richard Boucher are all well versed in licensing law." Legal 500 2016
Specifically, Simon can advise on:
- Licensing - helping you to apply for alcohol and gaming licenses and representing you if any problems arise.
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence.
- Statutory Prosecutions - carrying out prosecutions on behalf of agencies with statutory enforcement responsibilities.
- Confiscation proceedings under Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licenses even where you have reached the maximum number of points.
- Trading Standards Offences
- Prison Law - Simon is experienced in representing prisoners at parole hearings, lifer reviews or adjudications.