Simon Milburn LLB
Partner, Head of Crime and Assistant Coroner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
T: 01733 882892
- Agriculture and rural services
- Business Defence
- Crime and Defence
- Health & Safety
- Motor Offences
Simon completed his LLB and Law Society finals at Northumbria University and qualified as a solicitor in 1991.
Simon is a highly experienced Criminal Advocate whose experience includes both prosecuting and defending environmental, health and safety, trading standards matters and he has been advising clients for 20 years on applications for licensing premises.
In 2020, Simon continued to be a Leading Individual and is recommended by the Legal 500 in the following areas of his expertise.
Legal 500 Leading Individual
Crime - Fraud
- "Simon Milburn and Glenda Hair are a formidable team. "Simon gives pragmatic but robust advice to the clients. Glenda looks after the cases day to day, making sure that what is needed for the clients gets done." Legal 500 2020
- "They are highly respected in the field and their reputation is richly deserved. Their work ethic is consistent regardless the case." Legal 500 2020
- “'sound judgment and a manner with clients that is reassuring but nonetheless realistic'.” Legal 500 2018
- “'it falls into the top 5% of criminal firms who instruct me in terms of the high standard of care they provide and the quality of their case preparation'.” Legal 500 2019
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP is ‘a busy firm with a large amount of good-quality work; cases are all well prepared and well managed from start to finish’." Legal 500 2017
Crime - General
- "Simon Milburn has outstanding judgment and provides excellent advice." Legal 500 2020
- "'one of the leading firms in the Peterborough/Cambridge area and deservedly so'." Legal 500 2020
- “Simon Milburn is ‘very thorough, but also very realistic so that clients get proper and credible advice and can decide accordingly‘.” Legal 500 2019
- "Clients are ‘extremely impressed with the knowledge and level of support’ from Hunt & Coombs LLP" Legal 500 2017
- "‘reassuring but realistic’ Simon Milburn, shows ‘keen attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond for the client'." Legal 500 2017
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP is ‘a very good regional firm’. Team head Simon Milburn is ‘hugely experienced and dedicated to getting the best deal for clients’," Legal 500 2016
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer
Health & Safety
- "The health and safety practice at Hunt & Coombs LLP in Peterborough has two highly knowledgeable and long-serving crime partners in Simon Milburn and Andrew Cave." Legal 500 2020
- “Milburn prosecutes and defends HSE matters, proceeds of crime cases, environmental and trading standards matters.” Legal 500 2018
"At Hunt & Coombs LLP, head of crime Simon Milburn, partner Andrew Cave and senior associate Richard Boucher are all well versed in licensing law." Legal 500 2016
Specifically, Simon can advise on:
- Licensing - helping you to apply for alcohol and gaming licenses and representing you if any problems arise.
- Business Defence - advising and representing your company in the event that it is charged or prosecuted in connection with an offence.
- Statutory Prosecutions - carrying out prosecutions on behalf of agencies with statutory enforcement responsibilities.
- Confiscation proceedings under Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Motoring Offences - advising and representing individuals who are charged with motoring offences. Our Crime team has a good track record of saving driving licenses even where you have reached the maximum number of points.
- Trading Standards Offences
- Prison Law - Simon is experienced in representing prisoners at parole hearings, lifer reviews or adjudications.