Hunt & Coombs is proud of our well established Family team, whose members will help you plan for the future or sort out problems that you face today. Whether you are entering into a long term relationship, or facing separation or divorce, our specialist family lawyers are committed to helping you reach a successful outcome.
- Peterborough 01733 882800
- Huntingdon 01480 411224
- Oundle 01832 273506
- St Neots 01480 702207
How can we help?
If you are dealing with the consequences of your relationship coming to an end, we understand that sorting things out can be upsetting and far from easy. This is why the team takes pride in providing a caring and sympathetic service that matches the quality of our legal advice.
We are committed to providing a high quality and personal legal service. When advising you our family team always tries to avoid legal jargon and will be realistic with you as to what outcome you can realistically aim to achieve.
We offer you legal assistance in a variety of ways to enable us to help you resolve your matter that is best suited to you. This can be via mediation or the collaborative law process, negotiation of within Court proceedings.
As members of Resolution our team take a non-adversarial approach to negotiations and all of our work is aimed at trying to reach an agreement where possible.
In certain circumstances it is necessary to issue court proceedings and if this is the case we will ensure that we deal with such proceedings in a professional, sensitive and cost-effective way.
We recommend you consider taking up our initial fixed fee consultation so that we can give you an assessment of your case.
Band 1 rated Family firm in Peterborough (Chambers UK 2018)
Hunt & Coombs’ Family team have been rated Band 1 in Peterborough and the surrounding area ranked by Chambers UK 2018 and Tier 2 in East Anglia by The Legal 500 2019 for their legal work on behalf of families and individuals. Chambers UK and The Legal 500 are prestigious, independent and objective directories of the legal profession.
- '"They always prepare their cases thoroughly and have a sympathetic manner,"' Chambers UK 2018
- '"always highly efficient and well prepared, anticipating the needs of a case well in advance."' Chambers UK 2018
- "The overall level of service is excellent, and the advice is appropriate and made in good time". Legal 500 2019
- '"This firm appears to be at the very top of the market for family work in Peterborough," Legal 500 2019
- "‘An approachable, busy firm with bucket loads of experience’," Legal 500 2017
- "Hunt & Coombs LLP ‘has an excellent reputation, especially in the areas of child protection and high-value matrimonial matters’." Legal 500 2017
- "An excellent firm, one of the best in Peterborough" - Legal 500 2016
Listen to Louise Ballantyne discussing different areas of Family Law and how we can help you and your family:
Here is Louise Ballantyne, Senior Solicitor in the Family Law Services & Divorce team in an interview on Huntingdon Community Radio discussing how we can help you with a Family or Divorce matter: To listen just press the play button below.
If you require help and advice concerning a family, matrimonial or child related matter please contact the Family Team by:
Email or call 01733 882800.
Find out how our Family Team can help you further:
We are accredited in a number of areas to provide you with the confidence that you will receive the highest quality legal advice and service.
Please click on the link below for further information on: