Olivia Chalmers LLB
T: 01733 882872
- Commercial and Development Property
- Commercial Contracts
- Company Law
- Corporate Commercial
Olivia has pursued a dual specialism in both Commercial Property and Corporate Commercial work. Olivia's clients find this to be of particular assistance when their matters overlap both areas, which is often the case with business disposals and acquisitions. Olivia has developed a portfolio of regular clients including established commercial businesses and high net worth private individuals, all of whom appreciate the pragmatic and down to earth advice which Olivia is able to offer.
Olivia regularly advises clients on all aspects of Commercial Property and high value residential property transactions, including:
- Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold property;
- Commercial leases (including new grants, renewals, assignments and subleases);
- Agreements for lease, overage agreements, option agreements and conditional contracts; and
- Commercial and residential mortgages and commercial re-financing arrangements.
Olivia also deals with a range of Corporate Commercial matters, including:
- Corporate transactions including both share and asset disposals and acquisitions;
- Business set-up and limited company formation;
- Review and update to articles of association;
- Preparation of shareholder's agreements and partnership deeds;
- Commercial agreements and joint ventures; and
- General company law issues.
Examples of some of Olivia's recent work include:
- Sale of a major commercial warehousing unit for £2.1m which was subject to various planning and environmental issues;
- Complex agreement for lease and new lease of an industrial unit on a newly renovated business estate which involved a foreign domiciled landlord;
- Asset sale of a garden centre business for £1.2m which carved out certain key assets to enable the business to continue to trade from a separate location;
- Extension of an existing loan facility agreement up to £4.25m which required the grant of new security over various protected assets; and
- Complex asset sale and lease assignment of a hotel and function room business for an undisclosed sum which involved multiple potential buyers in a contract race.
Olivia is a member of both Peterborough Young Professionals and Peterborough Young Lawyers Group. These associations promote networking opportunities for local professionals from a broad range of service industries across the region.